Beards need proper care, and while there are many products out there targeted at taking care of an awesome beard, beard growth oil is one of the most important. With vitamins and minerals meant to promote beard health above all else, beard growth oil can make or break a beard, especially for those having trouble with even growth.
If you’re in a hurry, here’s our top 3 quick picks for the best beard growth oil of 2021:
What Makes a Good Beard Growth Oil?
The first thing to keep in mind is that beard growth oil doesn’t actually cause a beard to grow like magic. There is no secret formula for beard growth. What is important for a good beard, and what beard growth oil tries to accomplish, is promoting thick and even beard growth by providing all the necessary ingredients for a healthier beard.
It’s not only the beard hair that matters, though. In fact, the skin beneath the beard is equally important when it comes to promoting beard growth. Therefore, all of that needed to be considered when picking the best beard growth oils. The following was considered when picking the top beard growth oils:
- Organic Ingredients: The best beard growth oils are those created using natural, organic ingredients. These ingredients not only provide nutrients to the skin and beard, but they ensure that no harsh chemicals are included in the oil that could have adverse effects on your skin or beard.
- Hydration: One of the most important parts of a healthy beard and proper beard growth is hydration. While the organic ingredients of most beard oils almost guarantee hydration, it is always important to find products that will leave coarse and dry hair hydrated and soft.
- Scent: As obvious as it is, beard oils contain a variety of different oils. Moreover, there are numerous extracts that can be used to add fragrance. Since beard oil is meant to be worn throughout the day, having a pleasant scent is important. The exception is fragrance-free oils.
Beard growth oils are rather simple products. They take a degree of thought to do right, needing the correct blend of oils, but there is not much more to them. It really is all about the oils.
Our Top 9 Recommended Beard Growth Oils
With beard growth oil being so simple, it might seem like you can pick any oil and be fine, but that’s not the case. There are a lot of beard oils out there, but some of them simply do it right. Below is a list of beard growth oils that will take the guesswork out of your decision and help you find the right oil for your beard.
Honest Amish has a reputation in the beard community as a quality brand made from all-natural products. While their signature product is their balm, their classic beard oil has some of the same qualities that make their other product so sought after. Not only is their beard oil made from organic ingredients, but it contains quite a few hydrating oils.
Among the oils in Honest Amish’s beard oil are avocado, virgin argan, sweet almond, and golden jojoba. These oils help to hydrate and nourish a beard, not only increasing softness and reducing dandruff but promoting hair growth. If you are looking for an oil that will improve both your skin and beard, you can’t go wrong with Honest Amish.
- Natural and organic ingredients
- Over seven premium oils
- Nourishes your beard and skin
- Promotes hair growth with vitamins and minerals
- Great for any beard length
Out of the various scents of beard oil made by Can You Handlebar, Wisdom is particularly appealing. It mixes woodsy with citrus to create a pleasant smell in an oil that delivers all of the nourishment you want and expect from a good beard oil. It even works to hydrate both hair and skin, helping with things like itch and dandruff.
The ingredients used in Wisdom to make it so pleasant include olive oil, jojoba seed oil, and meadowfoam seed oil. It even has vitamin E. The best part is that everything used in Can You Handlebar’s beard oils is natural and organic, meaning you can take care of your beard and promote beard growth without worrying about harsh chemicals.
- All-natural ingredients
- Nourishes beards and promotes growth
- Great for any beard, from dry to oily
- Strong, woodsy scent that’s not for everyone
- Might be oily for some beards
Live Bearded brand’s executive scent beard oil is a great product for those looking to improve their beard game. The scent is a mix of cedar, vanilla, and leather that comes from all-natural oil extracts. Add to that the various oils used for nourishing your beard, such as jojoba oil and grape seed oil, and you get a quality product for all things beard.
Just like any good beard growth oil, the key is to hydrate and repair both the beard and the skin below. By nourishing the beard and skin with vitamins and minerals brought from the organic ingredients, it helps promote beard growth and reduce itchiness. It is also a lightweight formula, which prevents it from being noticeable once applied.
- Hydrates and repairs your beard
- Works to promote beard growth
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Comes without a dropper
- Vanilla is prominent compared to other scents
The Gentlemen’s Beard Premium Beard Oil
While scents make most beard oils stand out, this premium beard oil by The Gentlemen’s Beard is just the opposite, standing out as a fragrance-free oil. While it does contain various oils, from coconut oil to sunflower seed oil, it lacks any extracts for fragrance and has taken its place on this list due to its impressive performance.
Made from organic ingredients, this beard oil focuses on improving every aspect of a beard, helping with softness, strength, and growth. Meant for coarse beards, this beard oil improves beard health by targeting both the skin and the hair, leaving you with a smoother, shinier beard. It will even leave your beard easier to manage.
- Made entirely from organic ingredients
- Promotes beard and mustache growth
- Helps soften and strengthen beard hair
- Not as effective as some other oils for softness
- Leaves stains if spilled on clothing
Ranger makes another great fragrance-free beard oil. Ranger also has a scented beard oil focused around tea tree and peppermint, but it seems wrong to mess with perfection. This beard oil relies on golden jojoba oil and Moroccan argan oil, both of which are perfect oils for nourishing beard hair.
Using this beard growth oil will do wonders for your beard. Just like any good beard oil, it works to improve the health of your skin and hair alike. By doing this, it improves beard health, nourishing it, and promoting hair growth. It also fights dry, itchy skin and hair and helps with dandruff, all while softening and taming beard hair.
- Made from natural, quality ingredients
- Creates a healthier beard and promotes growth
- Helpful for softening and taming a coarse beard
- Even though it is fragrance-free, there’s a slight scent
Viking Revolution Beard Oil
Viking Revolution’s beard oil is another powerful brand when it comes to an unscented and effective product. They utilize the same mix of argan and jojoba oil that works so well for nourishing a beard. While there are only a few ingredients in this beard oil, they are all-natural, and they work to provide everything necessary for a healthy beard.
This beard oil is made for normal beards, not leaning towards oily or dry, but it can help tame and soften any beard. Additionally, it is great for reducing beard itch and dandruff while moisturizing your beard and skin. Best of all, it’s a non-greasy oil that allows you to use any other grooming products you want alongside it.
- Promotes beard health and growth
- Helps you achieve a softer beard
- Combats itchiness and dandruff
- Made of simple, all-natural ingredients
- Not great for natural greasy beards
Blind Barber Beard & Face Replenishment Oil
This beard growth oil from Blind Barber has everything you could want. The chosen oils are perfect for hydrating and softening beard hair, leaving you with a healthier, more manageable beard. Moreover, Blind Barber’s beard oil is incredibly effective when it comes to nourishing the skin below the beard, which plays a major role in hair growth.
The primary ingredients in this beard growth oil are jojoba, avocado, and pumpkin, all of which act to deal with coarse beard hair. Moreover, tonka bean fragrance is used to give this beard oil its scent.
- Hydrates and softens both hair and skin
- Promotes beard growth with nourishing properties
- Utilizes natural ingredients
- The scent is a little underwhelming
- Expensive for what you’re getting
Crafted Beard Oil
Crafted brand beard oil is a great product, especially for those with dry or thin beards. The oil is meant to dry quickly, having a fast absorption rate, and it does not leave an oily residue. Furthermore, it helps increase the health and softness of your beard while fighting against itchiness and dandruff.
The brand offers a variety of different scents, all of which are long-lasting and expertly crafted. The scent chosen for this list is orange cream, which is pleasant and lasts a long time despite its short, 15-minute absorption time. The best part is that the fantastic properties of this beard oil come from all-natural ingredients, including hemp seed oil.
- Promotes beard health
- Softens and moisturizes your beard
- Long-lasting scent
- Absorbs quickly
- All-natural ingredients
- Scent can be strong when first applied
- Not as effective on longer, thicker beards
The ingredients in this beard oil include argan oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, and vitamin E. From the ingredients alone, it is obvious that Beard Reverence takes their beard oil seriously. With that lineup, it is practically impossible for this oil to fail, each and every ingredient perfect for nourishing a healthy beard.
With its impressive list of organic ingredients, this beard oil helps to promote growth, soften beard hair, and get rid of any beard itch that might plague you. Furthermore, it is a product that comes in a bigger bottle for a lower price, making it a product with very few downsides. It even comes in a few scents aside from the original unscented.
- Great price
- Promotes beard health
- Made using organic ingredients
- Scented versions start off strong
How to Purchase Beard Growth Oil? Here’s Our Buying Guide
Purchasing beard growth oil is actually quite simple. If you think about what makes a good beard growth oil, you will know what to look for. Consider the following when shopping for beard growth oil:
- Your Beard Length: Some of these oils are meant for certain types and lengths of beard hair. Therefore, it is important to keep your beard length in mind when buying beard growth oil. While most will work for any beard, you will want to pay attention. The same is true of oils meant for oily or dry beard hair.
- The Scent: Some people like woodsy scents, others like citrus or floral scents. There are numerous beard oils out there, and since it is a product that will be left in your beard, you want to make sure it is a scent you can handle. You might even consider a fragrance-free option if you wear cologne or aftershave.
- The Types of Oils: Some people don’t react well to certain oils, and there is a lot of variety when it comes to beard growth oil. Ensure that all of the ingredients in your chosen oil go well with your skin. You also want to make sure the oils involved properly nourish and hydrate your skin and beard.
You might also want to go with all-natural ingredients, but it is not a must. In the end, most beard oils will work, especially those with oils like jojoba and argan. So, look at the ingredients, make sure you’ll like the scent, and go for it.
By providing the necessary nutrients, a beard growth oil will promote the health of your beard and skin and help with hair growth. Even if you have yet to start growing a beard, you can apply most of these oils directly to your skin and reap the benefits. So, take a look at the beard growth oils on this list and take your first step to a healthier beard.
Other Products You May Need to Manage Your Beard
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.