Having a fan can be a lifesaver when it is hot, whether you are outside or cooped up in a small space. However, sometimes a regular fan cannot be used, which is where a rechargeable fan comes into play. With a rechargeable fan, you do not have to worry about an outlet or replacement batteries, which is why you need to look at this list.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top 3 quick picks for the best Rechargeable Fans of 2021
Criteria for Choosing the Rechargeable Fans
Just because a fan is rechargeable does not mean it is worth buying. In fact, you still need a fan that can perform, perhaps even more so since you might be taking it to all kinds of places. Therefore, every rechargeable fan on this list was chosen after considering a few important things:
- The Battery: The battery of a rechargeable fan is vital. After all, batteries not only affect the amount of time you can use the fan without having to charge it, but they also impact how quickly a fan charges once plugged in. Moreover, since battery life decreases with the power used, it is even more important to consider.
- Power: The power of a fan determines how much value you get out of it. Even if the battery lasts forever, if you are not cooled down by the fan, then there is no point in having it. Thus, only fans with suitable power were chosen for the list.
- Convenience: A rechargeable fan is only truly needed when you have a special need for a cordless fan. Therefore, the more convenient a rechargeable fan is, the better.
There are a lot of considerations that go into choosing the best fans, but the above make up the most important aspects.
The rechargeable fans on this list only represent a small number of those that are currently on the market. However, they are some of the best fans out there, and you will not regret getting a reliable rechargeable fan for all of your cooling needs.
OPOLAR 8-Inch Foldaway Oscillating Fan
While there are a lot of great rechargeable fans out there, the OPOLAR fan featured here is a great choice. It has versatility due to having the ability to rotate 60 degrees and rotate its head 180 degrees. The stand even extends up to 40 inches, allowing it to give you a great breeze almost anywhere. You can even choose from four speed options.
This fan includes a remote control that can operate it from up to 26 feet away. A timer can also be set, and there is a mode for auto oscillation. The rechargeable battery is also great, with the ability to last up to 11 hours off of 5.5 hours of charging. Moreover, you can charge it easily with the included USB cable. Plus, it is lightweight and portable.
- It has the ability to rotate and extend to suit your needs
- There are four speed options
- It can be operated with a remote
- The battery can last up to 11 hours
- It includes features like auto oscillation and a timer
- It has difficulty cooling large spaces
- There are fans with more power out there
JISULIFE Portable Neck Fan
If you want a rechargeable fan that is meant purely for personal use, then you could pick up the JISULIFE portable neck fan. Not only is this fan rechargeable, but it comes with 78 air outlets that easily keep you cool. Moreover, the design makes it hands-free, so unlike most fans out there, you can use it anywhere and while doing almost anything.
The design for this fan is great, causing it to emit low noise and ensuring that hair does not get tangled. There are also three different speeds, and the battery life can last anywhere between 4 and 16 hours, depending on which one you choose. Plus, it can finish charging in as little as three hours. It truly provides great 360-degree cooling.
- The design makes it comfortable and hands-free
- The 78 air outlets cool you from 360 degrees
- It does not emit much noise
- The battery lasts anywhere from 4 to 16 hours
- It only cools above the neck
- It might not fit every neck size
Tesoky Camping Fan with LED Lantern
There are few fans out there that deliver as much as the Tesoky camping fan for the same price. In fact, it delivers especially well in the realm of rechargeable fans, coming with a powerful battery that lasts between 8 and 36 hours, depending on the speed it is set on. You can even charge it from no charge to full in as little as six hours.
The design features some great things as well, including a low amount of noise and heat dissipation material that keeps it cool and safe, which is great for camping. There is even an LED lantern with three brightness settings on this fan, so it can be used as a light. Plus, you are getting a durable product that is able to withstand rough handling.
- It is a sturdy fan with multiple features
- The battery life is exceptional
- It can be charged quickly with a USB charging cable
- There is a built-in LED lantern
- It can be set on a desk or hung from a hook
- The circuitry is exposed to the elements and thus vulnerable to rain
KARECEL Battery Operated Fan
The KARECEL starts with a brushless motor, which means it will last for a long time and have better endurance. It also has a long battery life, which is a plus with rechargeable fans. The KARECEL fan lasts between 8 and 24 hours as well, depending on which of the three speeds you use. It is not too loud, either, running at less than 40 decibels.
Another great feature of this fan is the size, which is around six inches by six inches, meaning it can be taken almost anywhere with you. The design is also safe and convenient, with the blade cover being dense enough to avoid incidents. The base is also skid-resistant, which is great considering it rotates up to 270 degrees.
- It has a durable brushless motor
- The battery can last between 8 and 24 hours
- There are three speed settings
- It is lightweight and portable
- It rotates up to 270 degrees
- The USB charging cable that it comes with is short
- The small size comes at the cost of stability
OPOLAR Mini Portable Battery Operated Desk Fan
Another OPOLAR rechargeable fan worth taking a look at is the one featured here, which is a small, portable option from a powerhouse brand. It sits around four inches by six inches, making it great for compact areas or taking it with you on the go. Despite its small size, it packs some power, being more than capable of keeping you cool.
The battery can last 3 to 13 hours, depending on which of the three speed settings you choose, and it can be charged using a USB cable. This fan also comes with an internal blue atmosphere light and an LED flashlight for added convenience. You can even buy it in one of four colors, though the internal light remains the same blue color.
- It is an incredibly small and portable fan
- It works great to keep a small area or single person cool
- The battery can last up to 13 hours on the lowest setting
- There is an LED flashlight built-in to the fan
- The effective area is rather low
- The battery life on the highest setting is a bit low
Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor High Velocity Floor Fan
This Geek Aire rechargeable fan is great for both indoor and outdoor use, and unlike many of the rechargeable fans out there, it is large and packs a major punch. There is no holding back here, and it shows. It has a dual power supply that can run between 2 and 18 hours, based on the speed, and it can even be used to recharge your devices.
The 16-inch metal blades maximize airflow, while the curved grooves in them reduce the noise level produced by this powerhouse of a fan, which can reach an impressive 2500 CFM. It is also durable, having a brushless motor, metal cage, and anti-sleep feet. It is even water-resistant. Moreover, there is a large grip handle for safe movement.
- It has 16-inch blades for powerful cooling
- The battery can last a long time on low settings
- The grooves reduce the noise level
- There is a stepless power control for precise adjustment
- It is one of the more durable options available
- The price is quite high compared to other rechargeable fans
- The brand’s customer service is known to be unreliable
- The battery does not last long on the highest setting
Drchop Outdoor Floor Fan with Light
If you are looking for a versatile fan with a lot of power and a good size, then the Drchop outdoor floor fan can deliver. It is a larger fan, sitting at 12 inches, and it has a lot of features that make it ideal for someone looking to cool off in multiple environments, with the fan working both inside and outside with ease. It even has a built-in light.
Of course, one of the most impressive parts of this rechargeable fan is the battery, which can last between 4.5 and 15 hours. It can even be charged in as little as three hours and works as a power bank to charge other items. If that is not enough, you can rest assured that it is durable, with a brushless motor and sturdy design.
- It is a powerful fan with 12-inch blades
- There is a built-in light
- It works as a power bank
- The battery can last up to 15 hours
- It charges in as little as three hours
- It is a rather expensive fan
ANKACE Portable Fan
The last portable fan on this list is a great option for those looking for something that can be put almost anywhere. It has a stand, so you can use it on a desk, and it has a clip, allowing you to clip or hang it in a number of places. It also has 360-degree rotation, which lets it cool a larger area. And all of that comes in a portable package.
The battery of this fan can be recharged in around seven hours, while it lasts anywhere between 10 and 25, with the duration depending on the speed it is run on. There is also a built-in LED light for your convenience. As for how you charge it, it comes with a USB charging cable. Moreover, it can act as a power bank in reverse to charge your phone.
- It can be used almost anywhere
- It rotates 360 degrees
- The battery lasts a long time on one charge
- There are multiple speed settings
- It can act as a power bank for your phone
- There are more powerful rechargeable fans out there
- It lacks stability when it is not clipped to a surface
How to Shop for a Rechargeable Fan
When you shop for a rechargeable fan, the most important thing to keep in mind is the purpose of the fan. You need to think about why you need it to make an informed decision, considering things like:
- Effective Area: How large of an area is it meant to cool? Is it just your face, or do you want to circulate air through a large room? Once you know the answer to this question, the size and power will make far more sense.
- Battery Life: The necessary battery life will depend on why you are using it and how long you need it to last. It will also fluctuate with the speed options, so you need to keep that in mind.
- Size: Consider the size you need. If you want something to just cool yourself, you can go with something like a portable neck fan. If you need to cool a large area, you will want a larger fan, such as the Geek Aire fan featured above.
There is a decent bit to consider when choosing a rechargeable fan, but there are a lot of great options out there. Just be sure that you are getting something that will fit the area and situation in which you plan on using it.
Rechargeable fans are great tools because they can provide you with a great deal of cooling without relying on an outlet or replaceable batteries. Instead, you get a great fan that can be recharged and used whenever and wherever, making it a purchase worth pursuing if you need a fan.
Other Products You May Need
We hope you enjoy these products! But keep in mind, Grit Daily might take a small commission on the items recommended here—but that doesn’t mean we don’t believe in them. We only recommend products that we would buy or use ourselves, so don’t be wary of our suggestions.