Michael Marion tragically died at the age of 42 years old and his wife, ‘Today’ Style Editor Bobbie Thomas, mourned him in the most moving Instagram post. Learn more about Michael following his devastating loss.
The entire Today family rallied around Style Editor Bobbie Thomas, 46, after she revealed on December 5 that her beloved husband, Michael Marion, passed away at the age of 42. “Nothing is normal. Maybe nothing will ever be normal again. For me, it won’t. My husband is gone,” Bobbie began the caption to the Instagram post where she revealed the tragic news. Learn more about the love of Bobbie Thomas’ life with the below five facts about Michael.
1) His wife, Bobbie Thomas, shared news of his passing over the weekend. In an emotional Instagram post, Bobbie chose to share three images that she took from her husband’s hospital bed and added a mournful caption that revealed she had lost her husband. “With all the fear, anger, and division going on in the world right now, it’s so easy to get upset about the lack of normalcy. But I beg you, everyone reading this, hold onto what you do have right now instead of focusing on what you don’t,” Bobbie wrote. She also asked all of her followers to “absorb,” “extend,” and “exhaust” as much “kindness” to one another as possible. “Because in the end, the ONLY thing that matters is love.”
2) Michael passed away due to complications of his organ system. On Monday, December 7, Bobbie revealed the cause of her beloved husband’s death in a statement to Today. “He landed in the hospital due to problems involving several organ systems, separate from his stroke of 18 months ago, and unrelated to Covid-19,” Bobbie shared.
3) He suffered a stroke at the age of 40. Bobbie and her husband faced an incredibly difficult chapter 18 months prior to his death. Michael suffered a stroke in April 2019. The episode meant months of rehabilitation and that Michael’s mobility was incredibly limited. Before his untimely passing, Bobbie revealed that her husband was preparing to get back to his career as an attorney after all of the obstacles he overcame. “Michael worked hard to recover from his stroke and had made such progress that he was making plans to return to work,” an excerpt from her statement to Today read.
We express our deepest sympathy and condolences to style editor Bobbie Thomas as she grapples with the untimely loss of her husband, Michael Marion, who died at age 42. pic.twitter.com/gD3roK9CpG
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) December 7, 2020
4) Michael and Bobbie were married for seven years. Michael and Bobbie wed in a picturesque ceremony at former Today host Kathie Lee Gifford‘s Connecticut home in 2013. Bobbie and Michael met when Bobbie was in her late 30s, and the two absolutely fell for one another.
5) Michael is survived by Bobbie and their son, Miles. Bobbie and Michael welcomed their sweet little boy, five-year-old Miles, in 2015. The couple went through months of IVF treatment after difficulties conceiving. The couple announced that they were expecting Miles on a December 2014 episode of Today.